Hoboken City Council Meeting 9/3/2014
Posted by: Hoboken411 on September 3rd at 05:55 am
Hoboken City Council
Hoboken City Council Meeting of September 3, 2014
“Back to School” for the Hoboken City Council, as after the summer the meetings go back to the twice-monthly format.
- Defense against gentrification. With rising property taxes pushing the true character out of Hoboken, two council members want to entertain a tax-exempt scenario that Philadelphia is using for long-term property owners (10+ years).
- Remember the dog park upgrades from yesterday? Well, the contractor wants even more money. Haha!
- Hurricane Sandy still being mentioned. This time to the tune of a hundred grand.
- Yikes – new peewee league “batting cages” cost a couple hundred thousand dollars?
- The city wants to try out a “valet parking” concession to minimize street parking issues.
- Looks like the “hut” down at Sinatra Park is finally getting a tenant who wants to pay the $60k a year rent – Queen Margherita, an Italian Restaurant who has a location in Nutley, NJ.
- And all the usual city nonsense…
Hoboken City Council Documents for September 3, 2014