Productivity = Zero
Charlie Sheen Ice Bucket Challenge causes productivity to evaporate
We briefly mentioned charities and the moronic ice bucket challenge last week. But here’s an extra bonus that puts things into perspective.
Forget the challenge, forget the charity for a second. Irrelevant to this story. What this story is about is Charlie Sheen’s Ice Bucket Video – and how that single-handedly created a perfect example of what is WRONG with society here in America (and abroad).
When we wrote this story – approximately 17 million people watched one individual human being dump a bucket of money on his head, and talk about other “celebrities” you will never know personally. Your life would remain exactly as it was if you didn’t watch it. But what happened collectively was that millions of people did NOTHING. Nothing productive at least.
With all the problems running rampant in this country perhaps time should be put to better use (like thinking or reading?)
What is 17 million minutes?
Want to know what 17 million minutes is? The equivalent of:
- ONE FULL DAY of work for the entire Google Corporation!
- ONE WEEK of protection from 7,000 neighborhood watch volunteers.
- ONE YEAR of output from a medium manufacturing company with 140 employees.
- 10 YEARS of tidying up from a small housecleaning company with 14 employees.
- 70 YEARS worth of repairs from an independent electrician (and his daily helper).
So in the end – his meager “donation” was far outweighed by the amount of time he essentially stole from the productivity of this nation.
But what is productivity anyway? You got to “ReTweet” how noble it was that Charlie Sheen donated money instead of snorting it up his nose. Big pat on the back for y’all!