Hoboken Week in Review: 8/24/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – August 24, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 24, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Headaches (in reverse) – Other news agencies also saw the problems the new “reverse angle” parking uptown present…
- Viaduct Concerns – Some folks think important safety issues overlooked…
- Ice Bucket Challenge – Like planking, this time coercing people via charity and shame.
- Real Life Apps – Things that used to strengthen individuals spinning the drain…
- Movies Under the Stars – Done for the season, now we’re just left with super sharp HD and crystal clear cinema sound in the privacy and comfort of our own home. What a drag.
- HPU revenue stream – “Come to Hoboken – It’s Great!” properly translated means “We need you here so we can TAKE your hard-earned money!”
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Prime Cycle – Slick new fitness center ready to make you sweat at Maxwell Place.
- Tally-HO – Bahama Mama’s no more – same space – new branding.
- Plum on the Run – High end restaurant sells tasty common food in a no-nonsense truck.
- Pier 13 – Well-marketed venue in Hoboken – with some odd closing situations.
- Washio – Robotic way to do your laundry. Careful what you wish for and rely on!
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Chugging along Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (weather permitting)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Can you decipher the hidden messages in most popular movies?