Hoboken Week in Review: 8/3/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – August 3, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 3, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Hoboken Festivals – When compared to some others – it turns out our Arts & Music events are top notch!
- NJ Move Over Law – More state revenue under the name of “safety…” (yeah, right)
- Automated Parking Garages – Hoboken seems to be leading the way with the help of forward-thinking developers.
- Park Promiseland – I think politicians like talking about “vaporware” like parks more than actually implementing them.
- Consumption Central – Judging by the height of the garbage – Hoboken is the mecca for shoppers!
- Hidden Taxes – We don’t need parking rules!
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Legal Beans – Discontinues their physical presence in town.
- Jack’s Cabin – The downtown “steakhouse” has a name.
- Louise & Jerry’s – Dive bar gets a anti-dive renovation.
- Blo it Out Lounge – A place for ladies to have their hair done coming soon. How novel.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Easier than starting your own garden Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (weather permitting)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Visual productions that cost millions to produce, hence the high price tag.