Hoboken Week in Review: 7/6/2014
Hoboken Week in Review -July 6, 2014
Well, our “holiday weekend” is wrapping up. A long stretch until the next one! Can you survive until Labor Day?
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 6, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Hurricane Arthur – Did it affect your plans at all?
- July 4th – Upset the Macy’s Fireworks were “out of sight?”
- Yankee Ferry – Miss that historic boat that has been gone for a year?
- Wide street double parking – Do you tolerate it in places like Adams Street?
- No vacations for… … the Hypocrisy at the Hoboken Pickpocketing Underworld!
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Healthy Marriages in Hoboken – Or are people just “settling?”
- Fleet Feet – Celebrates a dozen (minus one) years in Hoboken.
- Pet Emporium – Evolves from fish supplies to include furry creatures as well.
- AltSmoke – Smokeless Image has a name (and image) change.
- Gateway to Heaven – Hoboken church gets doors revamped as part of 125th Anniversary.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Three days to choose from – Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Making Hollywood elite richer every week. What about the YouTube kids?