Hoboken Week in Review: 6/22/2014
Posted by: Hoboken411 on June 22nd at 05:55 am
Hoboken Week in Review – June 22, 2014
First “full day” of summer today. Joy. Plan your activities according to your environmental tolerances!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 22, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Progress stymied by City Hall – What would have been awesome recreation and nightlife turned into more crime and despair thanks to our inept local government. Remove them now!
- Stolen Boxes – Forever a problem in Hoboken. Sort of like bad politicians.
- HPU Hypocrisy (daily) – You a fan of the gall they have?
- Hoboken Chain Central – Goodbye local charm, hello cookie-cutter national chains!
- Hertzism – Sort of like “cronyism,” only with hourly rental cars instead.
- Shoddy landscaping – You know you picked a bad candidate when they can’t even pick good landscapers.
- Hoboken cars not safe! – The NW area of Hoboken is like “Mad Max.” So many good ideas in this city it can make you puke in your mouth.
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Food Truck Frenzy – Every third-Thursday this summer!
- Eat Drink Local (New Jersey) – Statewide food specials. How… uh, nice!
- Mile Square Dates – A new way to meet the love of your life.
- Downtown Farmers Market – Starts this Tuesday through mid-November.
- Jonathan Marx – Turns a blind-eye to uptown Hoboken and vacates the premises.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – All about sequels! (how original!)