Hoboken Week in Review: 6/1/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – June 1, 2014
Happy first day of June! Soon we’ll be bitching about heat and humidity. Let’s just pray that no hurricanes come anywhere near this season. Because I’m tired of hearing the word “resiliency,” as if 7 billion people on planet earth isn’t enough to prove we’re doing fine without any assistance from special interest groups and “officials” hedging for “gubbmint bucks.”
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 1, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Ban Parking Boots! – Imagine if Hoboken was a place you could visit without getting that boot?
- John Mercado Arrested – Child molester nabbed after just 30 years.
- Bike Bozos – What next, bike lanes on high-speed freeways? Where do you draw the line?
- Parking Hazards – Innocent parked cars torn open like cans of tuna fish.
- HPU Hypocrisy (daily) – Would you be upset if city cars got the rims nicked?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Crepe Guru – Good news! A winning business in Hoboken. Tastes good, too!
- Greetings from Hoboken – Closes along with a candle shop. Blame the internet.
- Full of Shish – New food cart takes the spot much-loved Hot Dog guy Jaime Vallejo used to occupy.
- Life in Hoboken – As described via Animated GIF images.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Vulgar comedy – just what the doctor ordered?