Hoboken Week in Review: 5/11/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – May 11, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 11, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Build more in Hoboken! – Pipes crumbling everywhere, yet the city dishes out building permits like EBT cards.
- Crane lawsuit pending – Hoboken allows a gargantuan hundred-ton crane to operate in town, while NYC banned it for safety reasons. Money always makes people look the other way.
- HPU Hypocrisy – Ask yourself – why is it “Okay” for the city to park in a dangerous illegal spot…
- Citizen pickpocketing – Yet it’s “Okay” for them to STEAL from others doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Jaime Vallejo – Midtown hot dog guy for 30 years passes away. Community mourns.
- Stacks Smokehouse BBQ – Slow-cooked meat goodness sprouts from a pancake house. Miracle?
- Black Rail Coffee – Hoboken’s latest coffee shop has little tricks of their own.
- Bareburger – Organic meat on a bun coming this summer to Hoboken.
- The Ale House – Hoboken’s shoddiest bar becomes one of the Top 10 in a matter of months! (With a little elbow grease)
- Boardwalk Fresh Burgers – Opens up to a warm reception (and highly addictive fries!)
- Brasserie de Paris – French bistro also opens up to a happy crowd downtown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Vulgar humor you will laugh at, and then quickly forget…