Hoboken Week in Review: 4/20/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – April 20, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending (Easter) Sunday, April 20, 2014:
Politics and City Happenings
- On deaf ears – Hoboken “citizen complaints” don’t work unless you’re a political donor.
- Andrew Jarzyk – Without a trace.
- Trees murdered – Only in Hoboken do parks get “de-forested.”
- Hospital Monopoly – Does anyone else wonder how our “healthcare monolith” is doing so great?
Updates & Events
- Melting Pot – Doomed. Fondue is “over.” Next up? World of Beer.
- Giant Wash Laundromat – Doomed. People love dirty clothes?
- Gypsy Warrior – Social media meets things you don’t need but somehow get coaxed into buying.
- Washington General Store – Another entrepreneur tries their luck on the (high rent) avenue.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Use your movie time to clean your apartment this weekend instead.