CarePoint Health – Medical Monopoly?
What’s up with CarePoint Health in Hoboken, NJ?
Does anyone else notice the relatively recent “explosion” CarePoint Health Medical Group has undergone in our area?
Some questions about CarePoint Health to ponder
Without too much commentary – here are some observations (as well as honest questions that might be in the minds of many others):
- Does it seem to you that there is a “revolving door” of names, D/B/A’s, and other corporate finagling that could be construed as “suspicious?” Or is that just the way “big business” works (in order to find loopholes or more profitable shifting of monies all over the place?)
- Why is their name popping up everywhere? Buying up private medical practices? Expanding into locations every which way you look! How can they afford all the costly rents?
- Why did this organization get to pay the LEAST for St. Mary’s Hospital (Hoboken University Medical Center), when others BID MUCH MORE? Is that why they have so much extra money to expand? Weren’t their “books” kept under wraps and OUTSIDE public purview?
- How do they have the money to buy multiple “full page spreads” in countless (antiquated, hardly read) print publications all over the county? Is that to “pay for silence?”
- Why are (fledgling) “mainstream” news media outlets CONSTANTLY publishing “good news” press releases without ANY critical commentary? Who’s getting the “lucky” treatment?
- Is this big “expansion” a sign that “someone has privileged info” about what is to come in the future?
- Who the hell are these people?
Something seems either wrong, or heavily tilted in SOMEONE’S favor. We certainly don’t have the time or resources to get to the bottom of it (the way we want to), and refuse to take anyone or any other “source” for their word until it can be verified with absolute accuracy. Which is most likely next to impossible (shredding, payouts, and other trickery.)
But when you get a feeling in your gut that “something ain’t right,” normally you’re on to something…