Life Logistics – “Live Freer” in Hoboken?
Let’s get the basics out of the way first. Life Logistics is a service company in Hoboken that handles dog walking, package deliveries and dry cleaning pickup. Basically “grunt work,” or “gophers.”
Here’s a video pitch for their services. Watch it, then prepare to “think” a little bit more about this whole concept, OK?
Wow – you’re either delusional, stupid, or both!
The fact that ANYONE would ever need ANY of these services proves that people just simply do NOT think logically anymore. If you VOLUNTARILY complicate your life to the point where you now need AUTO-BILLED concierge services to help you “juggle” everything – you’re a sucker without a single doubt.
Let’s break it down a bit.
- Dog walker? Hey, we’ve said this already before. No dog should live in an apartment in Hoboken unless they can be with (one of) their owners all day long. Oh, you want your “cute” dog, but can’t fully take care of it? Then you’re not suited to be a dog owner. Only exceptions are vacations.
- Dry Cleaning? Really? You can’t get to the cleaners early enough? There is a dry cleaner within 50 yards of every person in Hoboken! Then either do your own laundry or learn to manage your time better. Plus – we even have a 24 hour dry cleaner here in Hoboken. You should never have to pay anyone to do this.
- Package delivery? There are many free ways to get your packages. You can have them delivered to your work. You can befriend your local business (even your dry cleaner) to accept packages for you at ZERO charge. But maybe asking yourself if you need what you just bought is probably a better question – or have patience enough to figure out a way to get to a store without the need for costly gopher services.
Finally – ask yourself “what am I going to do with all this TIME I’ve saved?” In that animated video above – you know what the guy does with his new found freedom? He sits in a fucking chair! Really? Is this what our society has come to? Not putting EFFORT into ANYTHING anymore? Look in the mirror people. What have you become?
“Hey, Wha’ Happened?”
If you take a look at Life Logistics “Team” Page – you’ll see something that doesn’t make sense. Jay and Mike may very well be nice guys, but they certainly look over-qualified to be “gophers.” I mean engineering degrees, decades of “supply chain logistic” experiences – and they’re schlepping boxes and dog shit? Someone made a serious occupational error along the way there. Don’t you think after this long you’d be retired and sitting on an island sipping Pina Coladas?
What else should “Life Logistics” do next?
But let’s be fair – and look at the flip-side. People are obviously stupid, and instead of choosing to simplify or get control of their own lives – they have to “outsource” part of it in order to indulge in the “luxuries” and social hobnobbing. Jay and Mike are just filling a niche – and with their corporate-sounding marketing schpeel – they have willfully paying customers.
But what if dog walking, dry cleaning, and UPS boxes isn’t enough? We’ve compiled a nice list of things Life Logistics can add to their menu of services, so they can parlay this gopher-service into a true empire:
- Kid walking to school while you go back to sleep.
- Start to run your hot bath while you’re stuck waiting for the 126 bus at Port Authority… again!
- Secure/Hold a parking spot within 50 feet of your house with a live body (one of our trained associates) pretending to be injured. (Need at least 60 minute notice for this)
- Scope out bars for hot chicks or sugar daddies while instantly updating their cutting edge mobile app with results. (selfies extra) The money you will save on cover charges and cabs bouncing around town will pay for the annual subscription within the first weekend!
- Council Meeting representation. They will go to the twice-monthly council meeting on your behalf and brow beat the council with any issue whether it directly affects you or not. “Dave Mello, you’re a fat-skulled talking nincompoop! When will you stop believing your own wretched bullshit?!!”
- Wait on the Carlo’s Bakery line and notify you when you’re within 5 minutes of entry. (winter months extra) This also part of their “cutting edge” mobile app.
In the free market – it’s all about supply and demand. If Life Logistics is in demand – then good for them! But in the end, it’s kind of sad we would even think twice about needing such a luxury service. Who knows, maybe assistance with eating and pooping is next?Hoboken NJ