Hoboken Week in Review: 2/2/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – February 2, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 2, 2014:
Politics and City Happenings
- Zimmer “Diary” a big hit! – The Hoboken “Lady Mayor” and her “private thoughts” provide good comedic material.
- Bullying Stan & Dawn? – Secret recordings are revealed that suggest that the mayor is hypocritical – since her “husband” Stan is running the city and “making things happen.”
- Hoboken Parking Robbery – Why remove parking in Hoboken randomly? More theft from residents and vistors is likely the answer.
- Selective enforcement – Some people get ticketed, while cars next to them don’t. Inexplicable.
- Hoboken schools circling the drain? – Some kids don’t even have teachers. With this bloated budget, where is the money going?
Updates & Events
- Clem’s Steaks Unlimited Too – Jersey Shore greasy spoon fast food joint hopes to capitalize on drunks with loose change downtown.
- Maxwell’s Pizza? – Then: A grunge music scene with rough edges. Now: Family & Stroller friendly “artisanal pizza.” Wanted: Hoboken’s spine.
- Hoboken Huddle – Roman numerals worshiped more than God.
- Bareburger – “Organic” burger chain looking for piece of the Hoboken “Pot ‘O Gold.”
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Did you know that almost every movie makes a profit?