Hoboken Week in Review: 1/26/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – January 26, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 26, 2014:
Politics and City Happenings
- Zimmer goes on “allegation tour” against NJ Governor Christie – Dawn Zimmer took her “diary” on the road to disparage the Chris Christie administration.
- Zimmer becomes “mum” – That caused a backlash here in Hoboken, with some calling on her to explain herself to the council. As far as her “keeping her lips sealed” after the fact – some are saying her attorney told her that – NOT the NJ Attorney General.
- Lost Zimmer Diary Pages – Outlandish allegations can be fun, too. We imagine what the rest of her diary pages are like – and comedian Jon Stewart shows what a mockery it really is.
- Monarch at Shipyard – NJ Judge says “BUILD!” because Hoboken Planning Board is filled with nincompoops.
- Sandy Funding – No one asks where the money comes from – they just want it no matter what the source.
- Elysian Park – Got a costly upgrade – again, with other people’s money. And you wonder why people out there are poor.
Updates & Events
- LULU’S – Revamped lounge fills the void left when Chandelier Room closed at W Hotel. Same owners.
- Hudson Restaurant Week – A third “Super Week” added to coincide with the “big game.”
- Hoboken Huddle – Fruity roman numerals to commemorate the Super Bowl down at snowy Pier A Park (image above.)
- Herts 24/7 Headaches – Customers have issues with the social car sharing company.
- Jersey Cares Coat Drive – This week at Little Town NJ.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – No new movies this week. Watch a DVD at home. It’s too cold to walk to the theater anyway!