Hoboken Week in Review: 1/19/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – January 19, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 19, 2014:
Politics and City Happenings
- Super Bowl Hype – Is the “big game” really that important?
- Jackson Street Sewer Replacement – “Infrastructure” repairs to disrupt downtown traffic for a few months.
- Parking Meter Assault – City makes you climb mountains to avoid parking boots.
- Sidewalk Day Care – Kiddie play areas in what appear to be dingy locations.
Updates & Events
- Hudson Restaurant Week – Three weeks of “special deals” at select Hoboken restaurants.
- Hoboken Mutz Fest 2014 – Second annual “cheesy” competition next Sunday!
- A Wing and a Prayer – Find out who has the favorite chicken limbs in town this Saturday.
- Brazen Athletics – The “crossfit” cult swells in Hoboken.
- Garden State Yoga – … As does the yoga.
- Diamond Athletics – Kids now have their own gymnastics center in town.
- Smoke & Barrell – New sports bar should be open in time for Spring Training.
- Bright Horizons – Early learning center for kids expands to 2nd location at Maxwell Place.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Always an empty seat for the taking at the Hoboken theater.