Hoboken Week in Review: 1/12/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – January 12, 2014
Enjoying the “January Thaw?”
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 12, 2014:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Reval – Will you get shafted in 2014? Who wins and who loses?
- Hoboken Huddle – A frigid week of outdoor “excitement” planned to ride the coattails of the Super Bowl.
- Hoboken Gas Works – An entire city block gets “remediated” of it’s toxicity over the next year and a half.
- Traffic lights – useful or not? – At this rate, we’ll have three traffic lights per block.
Updates & Events
- The Brick – Competition for “fire baked pizzas” heats up on one block uptown.
- CNG Charging Stations – Some bars installing “pay per charge” cell phone stations. Nah, we’re not addicted!
- Enterprise CarShare – More hourly car rentals in Hoboken.
- Greetings from Hoboken – Bidding farewell in 2014?
- Now kids have a gym? – Fitness centers dedicated for children. Didn’t have that growing up.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – At least one decent movie playing this week. Bust out the champagne!